MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2000, 10:35 PM   #1
JohnnyG
Registered Member

Red face PLEASE HELP- DAMAGED WHEELS

So, I was taking a curve too quick the other night, and I plowed square into a 8in. high curb. It blew out my two front tires, ate my front bumper, and put a nice dent in the inner lip of each front rim. Now my question is, before I take these wheels to a shop to be repaired, can I bang out the dents on my own?... or do they do more than just bang the dents out? I'm not worried about looks right now, just functionality. Let me know what you guys think b/c I'm taking the wheels to the shop tomarrow for repair.

Oh, not that I think it matters, but they're the stock ponys on my 91GT conv. Thanks in advance.

-John
JohnnyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2000, 08:17 AM   #2
drudis

Depending on how bad you dammaged them, they can be repaired. I personally have had a wheel repaired, and it worked out well.
On a stock wheel, I wouldnt. The repair is usually "pretty good" but I would rather spend the money and get a new one.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote