MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-07-2000, 03:54 PM   #1
93notch
Registered Member

Question RUCA Compatability issues?

I was just on the phone with Maximum Motorsports. I purchased a MM panhard bar (thanx for the advice guys). I told the guy at MM that i also plan on putting Hotchkis Upper and Lower Control arms on the car in the rear as well. He told me there is an issue with the RUCA and their use of urethane bushings. He said there is major binding in the rear of the car because the urethane bushings don't give and the panhard bar doesn't give either. He told me that when they do a car they leave the stock rubber in the RUCA and then when it wears out they replace it with Ford Motorsport rubber bushings. I thought this was a little wierd since MM uses urethane bushing in their own RUCAs. I called Crazy Horse Racing and they said they've never heard of such a binding problem when combining the two. I was wondering if anyone hear has experinced/heard of this problem.
The Hotchkis kit is on backorder from Jeg's and shouldn't be here for another three weeks or so. I have time to cancel if it's going to be an issue. Thanks in advance
93notch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: