MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2001, 02:55 PM   #1
Fox Hound
Registered Member

Post Should I replace struts/shocks?

I recently installed the Steeda Sport spring in my 89GT and now I am sort of unhappy with the ride. I currently have KYBs about 2 year old at all four corners and was wondering if these are the problem. The ride is rather harsh and a bit too bumpy, not firm and compliant/well damped. Would going to a higher quality strut/shock help in this area. Would just changing the strut only help since most of the weight is in the front? I've seen used Konis and Bilstiens struts for sale and was wondering if get these?
Fox Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2001, 10:03 AM   #2
drudis

IMOHO, I hated the KYB's. I tried them, and they ran like air-shocks. TOO much preload, and raised the car, and were stiff, and bad valving...
I also tried some used Konis. My point, dont!. Usually, they are getting rid of them casue they are used up. The lifetime warranty ONLY applies if you are the original owner of the car and shock. YOu might get lucky, but I would get my shocks from PPI www.mustangparts.com . I ordered my Koni yellows from them.
The Tokikos are a great (not cheap) street shock, and I would highly recommend those.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: