View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 09:11 AM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation Re: Ready for 42 Volt Automotive Systems?

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Further, the camshaft is soon to be a thing of the past.
HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!! PUSHRODS FOREVER BABY!

well Chris, when i was in college in 94, they were teaching us a little bit about the valve actuated solenoids. i believe Cadillac was one of the first to bring it up. we also read about the 42/14 systems. we did not study it, but we talked about it. just think. you can change your so called "cam profile" with a laptop! i like the idea of all this, but i believe the quality of these parts being made is going to be a problem. the idea is good, too bad the craftsmanship of these electrical compnents are crappy. just look at todays cars. the sensors are made cheaply. how many times have you replaced TFI in Fords? or how about the modules in GM distributors? it would be cool to see it in action, but i think it would be just easier to keep on the hybrid theory with the 42/14 system. i only know a little about the hybrids. i dont know what their electrical system voltage is running at.

whats next, an electrical motor to replace the cranikshaft assembly? could you imagine an electrical motor pushing the pistons and rods? who knows...maybe i should make a W8 motor instead?.....