View Single Post
Old 02-01-2000, 01:32 PM   #7
Red96GT
Registered Member

GW RLCA = Global West Rear Lower Control Arms, hence the abbreviation. IMHO, they are the best control arms on the market, for a bolt on. They'll locate the axle laterally reasonably well w/out a panhard bar.

Cooltan,
The trick with the IPS setup that you're not telling is that it isn't really "bolt on" at all. It pretty much completely re-engineers the whole suspension.

Granted, it is an awesome set up (when Corey FINALLY sends it all to you) but it isn't as easy to install. One of the prime advantages of the bolt on route that you're missing is that for poor guys like me, if done correctly with matched/complimentary pieces, is that you can put on a piece as you can AFFORD it and see improvement, yet experience an improvement greater than the sum of the parts as pieces are added. Sure, if I had $4-$5,000 all at once, I'd probably get ips (hell, who am I kidding, your DAMN right I'd get it!) but I'd like to autocross THIS season, not wait over the next 2 saving $ to afford the ips.

Please don't take this post as a bash or flame, I'm just trying to make sure everyone understands exactly what's involved.

I'll say it again, the IPS set up is tremendous and IF I had the $, it'd be on my car.

------------------
96 GT: KB subs, March pulleys, Bassani X pipe, 3.73's, alum. drive shaft, 70mm TB, K&N, KB Carbon Kevlar BP, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Flowmasters, MSD wires, H&R springs, Tokico Illuminas

MM C/C plate & GW RLCA sitting in the garage waiting for a free weekend...

Red96GT's home page
Red96GT is offline   Reply With Quote