View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
Nixon1
Registered Member

Default Upper control arms

I want to turn my car into a bracket dragster, not a road race/Auto-X car...now I was told by my mechanic that it has adjustable upper control arms, and that these are for road racing and generally are no good for the strip. The car has already been partially set up for road racing...the shocks are extremely stiff all around...I have a terrible time hooking up ANYWHERE through first gear because I don't get any rear-end sink at all... So first off, should I ditch the adjustable UCA's...and second, what kind of shocks would you all recommend? I'm sick of these things...If I press myself down on the car and push as hard as I can, I can barely make it sink. Car is stock ride-height, in case anyone wanted to know, and it's gonna stay that way. Thanks!

Current stats: NEW 302 short block, E-303 cam (@.050, 220/220, .498/.498, 110 degrees), 1.6 roller rockers, Performer RPM heads (aluminum, 1.9/1.6, 60cc chambers), Cobra intake, Granatelli 75mm MAF, Billet AFPR, Equal-Length Shorty Headers, Off-Road X Pipe, Flowmasters, 4.10 POSI

13.73 at 103.8, ~2.2 60'
Nixon1 is offline   Reply With Quote