View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 08:13 PM   #5
musrcng
Registered Member

I am no expert but I will try to help here. Weight is a big factor because the more weight you care in to a corner the harder it is to turn because that weight wants to go straight. Hence the lighter the car the easier it is to turn. That of course is simplified then you can start including weight ratio's like front engine rear wheel drive. As far as wheel base I don't think it affects it as much as front and rear overhang. You want your wheels as far out to the corners as you can get. Thats why Dodge would brag about there cars wheels being as far apart as they could be and Pontiac saying wider is better. This is an old concept though. The Mini Cooper has been doing this since the 50's. I am really starting to learn alot about road cars because I currently live in Germany and my daily driver is a Mini Chelsea and it is a blast to drive. I live in a deep valley and the roads out are steep and twisty. My wife's SHO can run uphill but as soon as it levels out I lose her quickly. Well I hope I was able to help you alittle take care and enjoy
musrcng is offline   Reply With Quote