MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-26-2001, 01:27 PM   #1
tjustin_moser
Registered Member

Question 95 GT's????

My cousin is thinking about purchasing a 95 GT and he was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the A/C compressor, or if there have been any common problems with them. He told me that the one he is thinking about buying has a problem with the A/C so he just wants to know if there are any other problems that have risen with 95 GT's..
tjustin_moser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 01:37 PM   #2
moponys
Registered Member

I think there have been lots of problems with the heater cores too but I don't know how much you're gonna use a heater in Vegas!!!

------------------
TFS twisted wedge heads, TFS street intake, Lunati cam .500/.510 218/226, BBK FPR, BBK shorties, BBK 70mm tb, Pro-m 75mm, ASP pulleys, FMS 3:73, Transgo shiftkit,Flowmasters, Bassani x-pipe, K&N FIPK, FMS 1.6 roller rockers, 9mm wires,24lbs injectors,
190lph fuel pump, MSD cap and rotor, 18" wheels w/street tires, JMS custom chip, Trickflow phenolic spacer. ETs soon to come...
moponys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 03:05 PM   #3
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I've got 60K+ miles on my 95GT and I've never had any problems.

My Heater works great too, even in -40 degree weather!

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 12:12 AM   #4
todd95GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I have around 66K on my 1995 GT. I just bought it three or four weeks ago, but the air is ice cold. That's a good thing since my window motors crapped out on me. Overall though, he'll be very happy with the car. I bring mine to the local shows and I'm continuously amazed at the attention it gets parked next to some really beautiful cars.

------------------
Todd
1995 GT/T-5
Pulleys; 65 mm TB; Flowmaster cat-back; Mac off road H-pipe; FMS aluminum driveshaft; short-throw shifter; HD clutch; Cobra R's; Cobra front and wing
todd95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 08:06 AM   #5
bigredstang
Registered Member

I have 115K on mine and the air is fine. I have a slow coolant leak that I suspect is the heater though. About the window motors, I had the circuit breaker go out for the windows. New CB and it was fixed. Now the switches for the door locks are going out.

Greg
bigredstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 05:21 PM   #6
blueneonman1
Registered Member

88k on mine and no problems. Although i too think i may have a coolant leak in the heater core. How would you go about determining if the cooolant leak was the heater? There is no visible coolant under the car. Just another claim under the extended warranty policy

------------------
Blueneonman - '95 5.0L Mustang GT Convertible | K&N Custom Cold Air Intake | FMS 9mm Wires | Hollow Cats | Flowmaster 2 Chambers | BBK Subframes | 6-pt Rollcage | King Cobra Clutch | FMS Adjustable Clutch Cable | B&M Short Throw | Coolest Neon Lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Homepage: http://www16.brinkster.com/blueneonman/
blueneonman1 is offline   Reply With Quote