MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-01-2001, 10:22 PM   #1
HKstang
Registered Member

Post specific springs

Hi, me again. Don't know whether I should be starting a new thread or replying within the same thread so I'm doing this. Right now, I have nothing else done to the suspension. I actually just got the car a few months ago.

I guess the spring rates are a bit stiff. As I said, those were just some figures I was throwing around. How are the BBKs?
I'm going to be changing the shocks too. I'd like to go with the Koni yellows but I might not be able to afford them. what do you guys think about the Illuminas or the KYB AGXs?
HKstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 03:18 AM   #2
97snakedriver
Registered Member

700s on the front actually aren't that bad. 350-400 in the rear with a stock rear suspension requires a very large kidney pad and won't handle very well anyway.

The 2 million dollar question is, what are you trying to do with your car?:

1. Lower it just for looks
2. Handle a bit better w/o spending too much money
3. Be a baddass

97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2001, 09:20 PM   #3
HKstang
Registered Member

I'm looking to lower the car for handling mostly but I also want to make it look better of course. I'm most probably going to be running in SOLO II with it and maybe a little on the track on open track days. I'm definitely not just lowering it to look good.I'm used to stiff rides so I don't care that much about how hard the ride is.
Old 03-04-2001, 06:58 PM   #4
drudis

Lightbulb

When ordering Konis, give PPI a call http://www.mustangparts.com . I got my set of four from them. Great price and smoothe transaction.
Satisfied customer,

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 11:58 PM   #5
HKstang
Registered Member

So can you guys tell me what springs I should get? And what shocks either. Or even give me your opinions on what you've had experience with so far. Thanks.

Geoff
Old 03-05-2001, 04:30 PM   #6
97snakedriver
Registered Member

With a stock or stock style 4 link there is no reason to go above 300 lbs/inch. On the front you can go crazy if you want, 1000 lbs/inch. Eibach, H&R, Griggs, there are lots of people that make good srpings.

For shocks and struts, its all about how much you want to spend. Tokico Illuminas are good, Koni double adjustable, Bilstein and others may better, but cost more.

Check out:
http://www.maximummototsports.com/ http://www.griggsracing.com/

They have some good info, prices, and recomended usage charts for various applicaitons.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote