MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-30-2000, 10:51 PM   #1
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Post Springs/Control arms

My car is a daily driver, so I've been looking for a good set of handling springs that don't drop the car too much (clearance I'd like to keep). I'm looking to change springs to something that'll have me handle better on the street, without sacrificing too much ride quality. The Motorsport "C" springs seem to be a good value, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm also looking at control arms because this will be occasionally raced, and also wheelhop is starting to get on my nerves. Once again, cost is an issue, the Factory Five setup looks pretty nice (uppers and lowers). I'm willing to spend a little bit more now to get something good, especially if there's another route I should be taking. Any thoughts/suggestions?

------------------
1984 Mustang LX

jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2000, 08:30 AM   #2
drudis

Cool

I have tried several different springs. The Motorsport ones seem to be a good buy. FYI, stock ratings are 450-530front. Eibach was my personal favorite at 450-580. These are 10% stiffer and variable rate. Lowered the car jsut right with a wee bit more handling. BBK makes the 650# specifics. These are MUCH fimer, but are cheap too.
Control arms in themselves wotn get you much, unless they have poly bushings or revised geometry like the Juniors or SSM...

Recommend getting the "C" springs (taht you like), and poly bushings for the stock LOWER ONLY control arms (too much bind doing uppers -and- lowers).

------------------
Darius Rudis
Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote