MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-13-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
Mad Horse
Registered Member

Default Springs and shocks suggestions

I'm looking for a suspension set up that will handle good without being too harsh. I plan on lowering the car with the springs also so keep this in mind. So what springs and shocks handle the best and give the best ride? I'm not looking for a drag setup.

Cosmetic Mods: Color change interior & exterior, Cervinis Ram air hood, 16" Ponies, LX Taillights.
"Nip it in the Bud"
Mad Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 10:41 PM   #2
jetuomi
Registered Member

HEY, I went with Eibach sportlines for my 94..

They dropped it 2 in the front, 1.8 in the rear, and the great guys in my area were able to adjust camber/caster without caster/camber plates..

I left the stock struts/shocks on for 2 weeks..

I noticed that the car was a bit rougher over potholes and railroad tracks, but otherwise, I could live with it

BUT, the stock rear shocks didn't feel good, it felt like the rear of the car lifted after I launched hard.. this is cause weight transfer isn't as good now... but also, I bottomed out a lot..
So I went with Tokico blue non adjustable rear shocks..
(it didn't really help transfer, but way better rear end handling)

now I have stock front struts, and they gotta go.. the car does move around a bit from side to side in the front on on/off ramps..

Good luck picking your combo !!
jetuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 08:24 AM   #3
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I have Eibach Pro Sport springs with polyurethane bushings. It lowers the car 2" all the way around. I love the new stance of my pony. Lots of people have complimented me on how it looks without me asking. I have gabriel shocks in the rear. I am looking to get some drag shocks also, but in the mean time, they'll do. I have KYB drag struts in the front with Steeda caster/camber plates and they ride really nice. If you drop your car, you will have to get caster/camber plates inorder to get correct front end alignment. Some of my friends think the car rides a little too rough for their taste but they aslo don't drive a sports car. I think the car ride beauitfuly. In the kit you get a new rear end snubber do you won't bottom out. I get awesome handling with a good launch.

P.S.- I got my springs and bushings from Mustangs Unlimited and the struts from Summit.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote