MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2001, 07:45 PM   #1
fastinturns
Registered Member

Default street suspension

hello my names matt and I have some questions? I recently purchased A mostly stock 91 mustang gt. The only suspension mods are a bbk strut tower brace and bbk subframe connectors. for practical reasons I sold my corvette. (seating for four vs. two)and now im missing the suspension the corvette had. I know theirs been alot of posts relating to suspension street mods but oppinions change so I thought I could get everyones current take... My goal is to have a car that handles with the finest german and japanese cars. This will be for purely street use. But I like to risk my life so it has to hold up... Well I dont want to break the bank but I'd like it to be trick.any ideas will be well apreciated. oh and sorry about my poorspelling.
fastinturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 02:30 PM   #2
drudis

IMO, get some simple variable rate springs and a set of nice shocks and be done with it.
That will give you as good of a smoothe ride as can be expected. Any more products, will simply increase the performance, but hur the ride. And the $$$ adds up quickly as you start getting more and more exotic in components.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 01:11 AM   #3
97snakedriver
Registered Member

You can make a Mustang handle with best them if you want to, but its going to be expensive and its not going to have the same ride. Its a Mustang; by deffinition its lacking in social graces. Go with Durius...
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 11:23 PM   #4
XPrinceChipX
Registered Member

Default that was not the question

i also want to know how to make my mustang perform w the best of the performance world. i will not settle w/ "Oh its a mustang and it is not made to corner" i will make my mustang corner w the best just to prove to those rice burners (performance is the only thing that they have going so if i beat them in that looks, speed, etc. maybe a little respect can be won for mustang owners) just my feelings.

PS i still would like to know how to make this performance possible.
XPrinceChipX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 12:01 AM   #5
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Quote:
i also want to know how to make my mustang perform w the best of the performance world. i will not settle w/ "Oh its a mustang and it is not made to corner" i will make my mustang corner w the best just to prove to those rice burners (performance is the only thing that they have going so if i beat them in that looks, speed, etc. maybe a little respect can be won for mustang owners) just my feelings.

PS i still would like to know how to make this performance possible.
http://www.griggsracing.com/

Call them up; Eric, John, and Bruce are all extremely helpful. Cost is a "it depends on how you look at it" sort of thing, but it ain't cheap.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 08:59 PM   #6
fastinturns
Registered Member

hey thanks for the replys, I think I have decided to go for the maximum motorsports starter box it includes H&R springs, C&C plates, Billstein shocks & struts and new spring isolators. What spring rate should I go for im thinking the super sport 600 to 720 Lbs per inch front and 205 to 250 LBS per inch rear.oh and also what other things will I need to concern myself with ie. Bump steer etc. any replys will be well apreciated.
fastinturns is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: