MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2000, 06:39 PM   #1
Bill2k
Registered Member

Post Subfram conectors

I have ordered a set of Global West competition subframs for an '85 GT convertable. I talked to a local shop, on that specializes in frams and he said in needed to put the car on a rack and check it. And then they could properly install the subs. Is this guy full of it? Another shop that specializes in Mustang modification said it was a 3hour job minimum at 60.00 an hour!
I would like some feed back on what others have done and some Ideas on getting these things installed. I do want it done right. But I don't want to be taken for a ride.
Bill2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2000, 12:15 AM   #2
Mike A
Registered Member

As far as I can tell 88-93 convertibles, at least, have a riveted on stiffing system that has to be removed. That may be why they say it's going to take so long. On my '85 GT hatchback though, it only took about 45 minutes to put on Kenny Brown subframes.
Mike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2000, 12:52 AM   #3
97snakedriver
Registered Member

You need the full weight of the car on the wheels when you install subframes, if that is what the guy means by having the car on a "rack."

If by "Global West combition" you something other then your basic subframes, then I don't know, but subframes don't take 3 hours to install. Mine took less the 45 minutes.
97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2000, 01:13 AM   #4
Bill2k
Registered Member

Red face

They are Global West Compition subs. My typing suck earier. There is a main sub rail and then a Jacking rail. They are sent seperatly. The you get 3 cross braces to tie them together. This alows you to put the jacking rail in a position without having to remove the factory brace. (I hope). The tech at GW actually never said anything about removing a brace. Just that one might be in the way.
Bill2k is offline   Reply With Quote