View Single Post
Old 02-02-2001, 01:48 PM   #10
spinemup
Registered Member

your right...i did start the flaming. i find it offensive when you say that the choice of sportline spring are a bad choice. they are a bad as$ progressive rate spring. im pretty sure the "C" springs are linear rate which means that they are known to give a harsher ride. im just trying to help out bowtie eater with the his choice and when i feel that he is being led in the wrong direction i will speak up. ford "b" springs are great for mid range everything type street car. 4 banger spring give the lowrider look but you will lose handling capabilities no matter what shocks you use. a good corner carver spring would be eibach, or h&r. remember shocks dampen bumps and keep your tires planted on the ground. springs are what determine if the car will be a corner carver or a drag racer....you can't have both. unless you want coilovers .... all in all id recomend the ford "B" progressive rate spring. they are cheap and a good compromise between weight transfer and handling. pair them up with some self adjusting shocks like the bilstiens and your good to go.
spinemup is offline   Reply With Quote