MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-06-2003, 08:08 AM   #1
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Default Update work In Progress 3.8L Corner Carver

I am happy to sayThat I Myself Replaced the Pinion and Gear in her rear end "Lilly Beth Farie Dust Super Charged 6" It was Going to Be Nymph But with all the guys I already Put up with that would have gotten me a ton of s h i t PERIOD A Nymph Is a Mythicial farie Like Creature Not a SEX maniac well following Up On Many of the suggestions I recieved while I dropped her transmision and sent it off to Get rebuilt as well as dropping my drive shaft the stock one and sending off with the Tranny to get it Trued "You wouldnt bealive the difference this makes even with the stock drive shaft". I Installed Frame Braces to stiffen her Up a Bit and I had a 6psi Paxton super charger with some Modification I was ablle to get it installed no Trouble. I may add an enlarged 3" single exshaust with headers Later but Really I am In no Big hurry. After Putting her all back together again I took her out and WoW What a Difference The Frame Braces made and the trued Drives shaft. Next wil be a decent set of 17" Rims and some 245 ZR Rubber, But Im very proud Of How far she has Gotten. Unfortunatly After Talking with many Snake heads 5.0 drivers as well as Gt Owners who are corner carvers I have found that the super charger is Just a Bad Idea..... They have Turbo Chargers and although It providse less presure then a 6 8 10 11 PSI blower the Power band is very wide where as when I gas Mine with the 6 psi super charger thats what you get. No throttle control But I am Not interested in forking over $4,000.00 For a Good Turbo. They have suggested I go a stroker route if I dont want a turbo and I have learned from here what a stroker is all about.

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2003, 11:02 AM   #2
GodStang
College Stanger

Good job on the puting in the gears.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:47 PM   #3
GTJules99
Registered Member

Yeah, I've heard for auto-x and such it is better to go with all motor and no power adder. After racing at two auto-x's I can understand where that would be better. I wanted turbos, but they wouldn't be practical for auto-x just for the straights. O well.