Thread: What next?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2003, 04:49 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

The Cobra kit is excellent for the money. Unless you plan on driving alot on the track and hauling down repeatedly from high speeds, it is probably going to be sufficient. I went with the Baer Track Kit, which is based on the same setup except the calipers are lightened and I got the cross-drilled, slotted, and zinc washed rotors. It cost about $300 more than the Cobra kit, but looks sweet and sheds heat a little better. I attack the windy backroads around here towards the coast and I have never overheated the Baers even with 15-20 minute stretches of repeatedly hauling down from about 80-100mph for 20-25mph corners. (I still have stock back brakes, by the way). Another thing that really helps keep brakes cool is ducting some air to them. The 2000 Cobra R has an awesome carbon fiber setup that puts the air right through a hole in the splash shield, but it's really expensive, so I'm trying to cob together my own homemade ducts.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote