MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-19-2000, 09:35 AM   #1
Harry
Registered Member

Question What should I do?

OK, here is the situation I am in. I have an '85GT with the mods listed below. I would love to get into some kind of racing. I never liked Drag racing. I like oval track racing, but it seems like the equipment gets torn up too much. So I was thinking about checking into SCCA or some other road course style racing.

What do you guys think about my car? Would it be worth it to build it up, or should I invest in a newer mustang? Do I have a good start here?

What is available out there in the way of road racing programs? Is SCCA the way to go, or should I be looking at another program?

Thanks for helping

------------------
Harry
85 GT T-Tops - Kenny Brown Subs, FFR Uppers and Lowers, Bassani X-pipe w/cats, Flowmaster Force II catback, FMS "E" Cam, FMS King Cobra Clutch, Holly 600 Carb, K&N Air filter
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2000, 02:19 PM   #2
drudis

Lightbulb

If drag racing is not your favorite (I only go once a year myself), look into SCCA stuff.
There is autocross (parking lot & cones) or open-track (roadcourse, but very limited passing), to _real_ roadcourse (racing and bumping).
Check out some of the SCCA sites. If you are close enough to Detroit, come on out for some of the www.SAAC-MCR.com opentrack events.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote