View Single Post
Old 01-31-2001, 03:25 PM   #2
autoX
Registered Member

As you are well aware, a stock suspension is notorius for understeer (which basically means that your front end loses grip before your rear end does). To help this, you really need to mess with your front end geometries. I think the offset bushings are a start, but to really get your front end to hook up more, you pretty much need to scrap the front K member and control arms and go with something like IPS. The more you do to increase rear-end grip, the worse your understeer is going to feel!
I think I read (in Mustang Performance Handbook 2) that there is a way you can drill new holes to mount your front control arms a little higher on the K member and this is supposed to help the understeer. The procedure sounded pretty ratical, so I don't think I will do it, but you might want to find a copy of that book - it has lots of ideas how you can make your mustang handle better... Sorry I probably did not help! Good luck!

------------------
Red '90 GT - My Daily Driver w/ Kenny Brown braces & Springs, 6 KYBs, Caster/Camber Plates, Factory Five Control arms, Poly Bushings, 3.55 gears, Hurst shifter, Dynomax cat-back, Cervini 2 1/2 cowl, & Polished ROH ZR6 wheels... Griggs torque-arm, panhard bar, and Koni Sports waiting for installation!
My other toys:
Viper Blue '85 GT Convertible - Just restored and almost on the road!
Black '95 VW Jetta VR6 - To be sold as soon as the Convertible is on the road!
autoX is offline   Reply With Quote