MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Racing > Corner Carvers Delight
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-26-2000, 07:17 PM   #1
drudis

Question When do I worry about oil starvation?

When should I begin to worry?
I havnt noticed it (yet) on my gauges, but am concerned for next season after some large winter improvements.

------------------
Darius Rudis
Roadracer: Home built t-arm/panhard suspension powered by an S-trimmed motor :-)
My Mustang Page
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2000, 01:06 AM   #2
MiracleMax
Registered Member

Good question Dru? do you have a big pan? or one with kickouts (wings?) on it. What about the engine? does it have a windage tray? I'd look into a road racing pan from canton along with a windage tray along with one of those pressurized reserve do-hicky's from moroso. That way you would get oil control with an emergancy reserve if the pressure.
MiracleMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2000, 08:50 PM   #3
turbolx
Registered Member

Wink

It's never a bad idea to go with the Canton pan, EVER. The extra volume gives you a tad more "heat sink" effect, allowing the oil to cool a bit longer in between passes through the motor, AND control of sloshing away from the pickup with the proper baffles is a big help.

The ideal time to put on on would be when you've already got that K-member out of the way to put the tubular stuff in like you were planning on already.

I'm at Detroit Speedworks full time now, feel free to call me up and pick my brain during the week... BTW, the chassis dyno is due within the next week or two...

------------------
Greg Banish
President, Detroit Speedworks, Inc.
'93 LX Turbocharged Road Racer
'00 Bad-Ass F150
turbolx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: