MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
ciara
Registered Member

Question Help woth installing groundpounder coilovers with BBK caster camber plates

I am trying to install the front coil over kit from ground pounder with a set of BBK caster camber plates. The problem we have is when we turn the wheel the plates raise up and move and the top of the shock tower flexes quite a bit, yes everything is tight. Seems like something isn't right. I never had aftermarket plates before. Are they supposed to move? Also I lost the picture that came with the coilovers as far as how they are assembled. There is a gold plate that goes over the top of the spring, then two small washers with a bearing, then there is a smaller gold piece that goes over that. I have some spacers that came with the lakewood struts and the plates, but if you use them we can't get enough thread to show to tighten the nut on top of the strut. We also have the coil spring as loose as it can be by turning the adjuster all the way to the bottom. Any help would be greatful as far as the proper order of the coil over parts and if the plates are supposed to bend. Thanks
ciara is offline   Reply With Quote