View Single Post
Old 06-13-2002, 04:35 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

It's amazing that your friend will race - I have tried to get 3 different S2000's to race me on windy roads and they never take the bait.
With all the Steeda equipment your car should handle as well as his if not slightly better. It all depends on how well you and your friend can drive. His car will be easier to drive fast due to the weight advantage - you will need to be much smoother with your weight transfer and steering input with your heavy car at the limit. The thing that will really hurt you is brakes - the S2000 has awesome brakes stock that grab like crazy and don't fade. Your brakes will overheat pretty quickly if you are pushing your car to the limit. About 6 or 8 really tight corners with small straights in between is enough to overheat the brakes on my '00. Just be ready for that if you get your car handling well because it's not a good feeling to be going hard into a corner and realize your brakes are overheated.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote