MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2003, 02:57 AM   #1
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up 2004 F150

Got a friend who works for the Ford Dealer in the "Sales" dept and he's the one who drives around all the new trucks ... kinda like a mobile advertisement. Anyway, we're in the church parking lot and I notice the new truck he's driving now. The 2004 Ford F-150 (white). Now anyone who knows me knows I'm no diehard truck enthusiast, but every once in a while, there is a truck that REALLY catches my eye (such as the Syclone, Lightning, the Harley edition Ford, and now the 2004 F-150--- oh yeah, and I forgot to mention Coupe Devil's truck. ) I've just always liked the clean look of Ford trucks over most other pickups.

Well, anyway, I checked out the interior and MAN was it nice. LOVED the new styling. It looked soooooo comfortable in there. Made me really want one (and the only trucks I have ever really "wanted" were the Lightning and the this truck). I was very impressed with it... the entire package.

Well, here's a link to how the truck looks and the specs behind it (just in case you didn't already know). Make sure to check out the interior, front grille, rims. http://www.ford-trucks.com/specs/2004/2004_f150.html
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 09:32 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Default Re: 2004 F150

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body
Now anyone who knows me knows I'm no diehard truck enthusiast, but every once in a while, there is a truck that REALLY catches my eye (such as the Syclone, Lightning, the Harley edition Ford, and now the 2004 F-150--- oh yeah, and I forgot to mention Coupe Devil's truck. )
Well, anyway, I checked out the interior and MAN was it nice. LOVED the new styling. It looked soooooo comfortable in there. Made me really want one (and the only trucks I have ever really "wanted" were the Lightning and the this truck). I was very impressed with it... the entire package.
Rock and Roll man, thanks for the compliments. I have already been checkin on these trucks for a while now. Went to the dealer last Friday to talk trade. There not that unreasonably priced, I didnt figure they would wanna deal with me at all.. they couldnt give me enough for mine to trade and they really didnt have what I wanted. Come to find out what i want isnt even available. I was looking for a ext cab short bed 4x4, 5.4 with a straight shift.. Dont make it. Cant get a straight shift behind a 5.4 unless you step up to the F-250. Now granted I would love the F-250. But if I go that body Im gonna get a power stroke. ..DUH ...BUt for what I pull and use the truck for I cnat justify the extra money for the F-250.. Now fords take on it is that the price isnt that much different and if you want the 5.4 with a stick in it you should be able to justify the f-250.... Not me. I would still love to have one of these trucks even if its in automatic trim.. I am gonna wait a little longer and see what happens with getting a new truck in a few years.

Bradley

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: