MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Post Counting? (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=18495)

lx mike 01-18-2002 07:13 PM

Post Counting?

Does anyone here really care what their post count is? I've noticed on some other boards that people with low post counts don't seem to get the same respect that someone with a lot of posts gets.

Not on this message board but on a few that are local to me they all seem to 'base' things on how many posts you have. Anyone ever go into a forum and see someone respond to a post just to get their count up?

Free post they call it or post whoring.

Mr 5 0 01-18-2002 07:43 PM

Who's counting?

Sure, some folks do the 'Post Counting' thing here and although I think it's a bit silly it's also basically harmless; just another form of competition.

High post counts usually mean that you're either a long-time member/contributor or just very active on the boards. Something to be noticed, for sure, but on Mustang Works, we generally give our respect to those who earn it by the quality - not the quantity - of their posts.

Dark_5.0 01-18-2002 09:51 PM

I get a kick out of the new guys that post as much as they can just for senior member status.

Then its not enought o be a post ***** then you have to post a topic like " I hit 600 post"

One time there was a guy that had two topics posted at once one said "I hit 500 post" and the other said "I hit 600 post"

That means this guy posted like 100 times in 2 or 3 days.

The phrase "Get a life" comes to mind
:rolleyes:

1969Mach1 01-18-2002 11:07 PM

lol I did it for alittle bit, I don't really go by it. I don't spam like most people *Cough* mustangman65_79 *Cough* hehehe.... But it's all fun and games, I post quality posts usually. Like I've had long posts where it's taken me like half-n-hour to give my feedback or opinion. :D

Happy Postings All,
§am

Mach 1 01-19-2002 02:11 AM

I agree, quality over quantity is whats important here.

mustangman65-79 please take note...cough...cough...

HiFlow5 0 01-19-2002 07:57 AM

speaking of posts, wheres marty on this one? haven't seen anything from him in awhile. (no offence marty!)

Stang Runner 01-19-2002 09:29 AM

or they might be Layed off and have not much esl to do But to sit here and make post......... Wait that might be me.....

silver_pilate 01-19-2002 11:25 AM

Heck...like you, Mike, I've been here as long or longer than probably 90% of the people who are now active on the board. I remember the old days of the good ol' branching tree-diagram boards and some of the classic arguments and flame wars that went on.

I remember Mr 5 0 and of course Dan from those days and a few others who are still active that I can't call to mind just now. I know there are some others who were active at that time and then changed their accounts later on, losing thier original sign-up date and post counts.

I've never kept track of my post numbers, but I know that I don't have as high a post rate as many of the other members. That's fine. I live a busy life, and I don't have much time to be on the boards, so I don't really post all that much. Also, depending on my mood, I usually only post when it's something that peaks my interest or when I feel that I can contribute something worthwhile to the discussion...and of course, if I need some advice.

That being said, I don't mind those who count posts. It's kinda fun to watch, and it's all good fun and competition. As long as it doesn't needlessly clutter the boards.

I've keep a pretty low profile, and because of that, not many of the members know me that well. I guess that's my loss. Maybe in the future, as life settles down a bit, I'll try and get more active. Until then, I remain a shadow which only briefly exists in the light before fading back into the depths ;).

--nathan
a.k.a. "la sombra blanca" (the white shadow)

Stang Runner 01-19-2002 12:02 PM

Believe it or not, this was the first web page I found on the Internet - about anything. Not sure what year - it was early in 1997 - I think. I only had about 55 posts from that time to '99. I was a member for a year or so before my 'new' name. Only could get in during my PC class in shcool (if the Teacher wasn't looking). Not until last year did I really become active on the website...read a lot of posts, though.

I try to post intelligently and do my 'homework' before I post. Ask others I know on a few chat rooms and an older guy that has been working on cars for over 50 years...knows a lot of car stuff. I plan on meeting him in a few weeks in Florida; he's retired now. For an old man - he's cool.

joe4speed 01-19-2002 12:50 PM

I am a member of a few other forums, but this is the one I go to first everyday. The quality of this board by far surpasses all the others! I have a few posts but not as many as some people that haven't been here as long. I come here every day but don't post every day! I guess some people are just more talkkative! That's not a bad thing!

Crazy Horse GT 01-19-2002 01:00 PM

High Flow 5.0:

I'm still here but have been busy helping my wife with her cancer battle.

Yes, I guess I got carried away with posting but I hit 1000! I'm happy with that so I'm cooling it some -uuhhm 6t9pony -hehe. See Ya.

marty:rolleyes:

mustangman65_79 01-19-2002 01:02 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm

Seems to me that my name gets thrown around here quite a bit. In case u haven't noticed, since 1969Mach1 and me stopped our posting battle, I haven't been posting quite as much. I just now post to what I feel needs me addition to the page, thank u very much.

P.S. no I'm not mad, I had to laugh at this.

1969Mach1 01-19-2002 08:54 PM

hahaha... yeh it's all in good humour. And I was going agaist you but you just went postal. You'd reply to every post in the last 6 months. lol And then the spam posts you did. lol It's all in good humour.

Take it easy bud,
§am

6T9PONY 01-20-2002 07:41 AM

ME? POST WHORING? NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! Haha.....only their for awhile...I had to catch up with tireburner163....since I got up past him I have backed way off and have just been enjoying reading the boards and not responding to them as much....I don't get to spend as much time on the boards as I used to awhile back since basketball started. Basketball is very time consuming. I'm sick of it...:rolleyes:

srv1 01-20-2002 09:53 AM

I AM UP TO 488 POSTS! WOO HOO!

what happens when you hit a 1000? do you win a prize? do you get a cookie?:confused:

mustangman65_79 01-21-2002 04:31 AM

still outgunning u

1969Mach1, I'm not even trying, and I'm still outgunning u. Hehe.

fiveohpatrol 01-21-2002 09:09 PM

Quote:

what happens when you hit a 1000? do you win a prize? do you get a cookie?
I sure hope so, because I'm close and I want a cookie. That would be sweeet. :D