View Single Post
Old 02-04-2001, 11:15 PM   #3
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

Well, I have a friend who owns a 4x4 ranger and I work with a guy who just bought a new Explorer Sport. I think it would just depend on what you need. Do you need more interior room or do you need the bed of a truck for moving things and the like. Quite frankly, I acquired my Lightning because I needed a tow vehicle for a trailer to haul my Mustang on to the track. Really, I didn't want a truck per say. Hell, I always said I wasn't "a truck guy". So, I went with a Lightning because it was the only compromise between a truck and a Mustang! hahaha.

However, now that I've had the thing for a while I am thrilled with it. I'm very glad that I ended up getting the Lightning over what I was considering, which was an Expedition. Actually, what I really wanted was a new Mustang Cobra Convertible (still do). But, if I had gotten that I'd still be in the same boat of not having a tow vehicle for the beast.

Oh yeah, and I've beaten two "stockish" new Mustang GT's already with it in stop light races! hehehe

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush

[This message has been edited by Dan McClain (edited 02-05-2001).]
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote