MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-12-2002, 02:43 AM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default Jason Priestly hurt in racing accident

I was just cruising through ESPN when I saw this article http://msn.espn.go.com/rpm/irl/2002/0811/1416714.html. He got hurt pretty bad broke his back, both feet his nose and got a concusion. I guess that's what happens when you run head on into a wall at 180.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 02:47 AM   #2
induction
The Brit!

What next.. Will Lance run into a stray Comet in another Galexy?
Sorry it's late.
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 02:54 AM   #3
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by induction
Hey, we can hope, can't we?

Yeah, I heard about the crash this morning when I was getting ready to watch NASCAR at Watkins Glen. They showed the car, and them wheeling him on a gurney to the helicopter.

Hey man, that's the chance you take. Everybody that races knows that. We know it everytime we go to the track. It sucks, but it's racing.

At least he had the balls to pursue his passion! He'll recover.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:30 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

jason priestly? who is he one of those beverly hill's90210376530649 guy's or something? the only actor's that could drive fast, were steve mcqueen, paul newman & clint eastwood, god im mean, heheh

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 03:35 AM   #5
PKRWUD

Yup. He would be the one.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:41 AM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PKRWUD
Yup. He would be the one.

Take care,
~Chris
the only reason i had half a clue chris, is because i was in the navy with luke perry's big brother, they look alike but tom is about 80 lbs bigger, cya bro.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 10:01 AM   #7
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Default HAHAA

Quote:
Originally posted by induction
Sorry it's late.
LMAO oooo that was a good one!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 11:19 AM   #8
The Deuce
Registered Member

That news was a lead story out here. I guess when you get your news out of Hollyweird, the stories get more important when a pretty boy is involved.

The funniest thing I heard about it was, "The other drivers say he is actually pretty good." Apparently not good enough to see an oil spill. Where was his spotter? Maybe on a casting couch somewhere.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 12:12 PM   #9
PKRWUD

He had been warned just before he went out to stay out of the oil-dry, and he knew where it was. I don't blame his spotter, I blame him.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-12-2002, 03:26 PM   #10
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
He had been warned just before he went out to stay out of the oil-dry, and he knew where it was. I don't blame his spotter, I blame him.

Take care,
~Chris
I blame him for a lot of things. Like the twisted view people have of Southern California. Acutally that's not totally his fault, and to his credit, his character did always have a v-8 mustang.

Maybe he's trying to get back in the news?

Old 08-12-2002, 05:05 PM   #11
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Unhappy Jason is DNF

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce

I blame him for a lot of things. Like the twisted view people have of Southern California. Acutally that's not totally his fault, and to his credit, his character did always have a v-8 mustang.

Maybe he's trying to get back in the news?
Broken back, fractured feet, messed up face and who knows what else? He won't be doing any acting for a year or more. I doubt he was trying to get 'back in the news'. He just got stupid in a place where stupidity can kill or maim you...a race car at 180 mph.

As for having a twisted view of southern California, Hollywood is Southern Californai to most of the country. Not much can be done about that. Hollywood has always been La-La land and L.A. absorbs plenty of that. Fact of life, not some TV actor's fault.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2002, 05:16 PM   #12
The Deuce
Registered Member

I know it was serious, I was just being sarcastic. I don't blame him for anyones views of LA, actually I'm just jealous that I sit in a felt covered box all day while he gets to run around driving racecars because somebody thinks he looks good in front of a camera.

If you want to see REAL acting, take a look around any office, and see the people who appear to care about what's going on there. That's acting.

I do hope he gets better. By the way, what happened to your post count?

Old 08-12-2002, 07:31 PM   #13
Mr 5 0

Default Jason and post counts

By the way, what happened to your post count?

I reset it back to zero and will continue to reset it there periodically.

As you may know, I find the post count a distraction on many levels and I believe that some members have made it way too important.

Since I don't think Dan has any intention of removing it (would be a programming hassle) I decided to put my conviction into action and reset my count to zero. For those who thrill at having a high post count, this will give the them the opportunity to be top dog in that department, for whatever that may do for them. I just don't care all that much. Never did.

I contend that the content and quality (or lack of same) in my posts will quickly be evident to any newbies and that a post count won't be necessary. Just my personal observation and it doesn't apply to anyone else of course but as I had near 6,000 posts, I thought it would make a point...and I can always reinstate my post count if I choose.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:18 PM   #14
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy sucks

Ya, I saw that on the news..I just got back to town today, went to Beaumont for the Hot August Nights(It was AWESOME!) and then went on another road trip. Put 350 miles on my car since Friday! (JUST TURNED OVER 105K TODAY! )
BUT ANYWAYS.....
Im not a big fan of the show, I"ve seen it a few times. Hes been racing since '91. Didn't realize he'd been racing that long. This is his third accident, but the most serious. I saw today, he's talking, and breathing on his own. They knew of the oil, evidently he got into it somehow, and got sideways in the turn...Still sad though! TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:43 AM   #15
PKRWUD

Default Re: Jason and post counts

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 5 0

I reset it back to zero and will continue to reset it there periodically.

As you may know, I find the post count a distraction on many levels and I believe that some members have made it way too important.
LOL. Honestly Jim, the post count seems to mean more to you than anyone else. You erasing your post count is the first and only act that I have seen in weeks that was done as a conscious effort by an individual to change that persons count. I am no longer aware of one single person that posts just to increase theirs. In fact, nobody, other than you, even mentions it anymore. It's still a big help having it there, and the members I know enjoy having it, but you are the only one that seems to get so worked up by it. Kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I find it very helpful in my daily routines here. I'm sorry that you feel so troubled by it. I hope whatever it is you're trying to accomplish by wiping out your count goes well for you.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-13-2002, 11:48 AM   #16
Mr 5 0

Lightbulb Re: Re: Jason and post counts

Quote:

LOL. Honestly Jim, the post count seems to mean more to you than anyone else. You erasing your post count is the first and only act that I have seen in weeks that was done as a conscious effort by an individual to change that persons count. I am no longer aware of one single person that posts just to increase theirs. In fact, nobody, other than you, even mentions it anymore. It's still a big help having it there, and the members I know enjoy having it, but you are the only one that seems to get so worked up by it. Kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I find it very helpful in my daily routines here. I'm sorry that you feel so troubled by it. I hope whatever it is you're trying to accomplish by wiping out your count goes well for you.

Take care,
~Chris

LOL to you too, buddy.

Honestly Chris, your perception of my comments is way off.

The Deuce asked me about my post count and I simply responded. Had no one asked, I would not have mentioned it and I didn't make a formal announcment about it. Your interest and concern about my personal decision on this minor matter is rather interesting but other than that, my post count - or lack of one - is of no consequence to anything so I saw no need to belabor the subject other than to respond to a legitimate question.

I never accused anyone of anything other than to repeat my contention that there is generally too much interest in the post count, which I see as a fact indicated by the many mentions of it over the past year from others celebrating their milestone count (100, 500, 1000 whatever) and entire threads - that I was never a part of - discussing how many posts until so-and-so has 'X' posts. Prehaps you missed those threads but - I think not. Unlike you Chris, I'm well aware of posts made mostly for increasing a count but that's just a fact of any internet messageboard; I do a lot of web surfing and I see it elsewhere on many different types of sites.

Your statement that a post count 'troubles' me is also a bit of an over-dramatization of my actual position. I first mentioned it some time ago as part of a poll/thread that was discussing changes to the post count feature. I never initated the subject, I only commented on it. Later, it grew into a slighted heated discussion but eventually it faded out as a popular subject with the majority of the members indicating that they liked the post count feature. Dan has said that he probably won't drop it so I consided the subject closed and I haven't mentioned it since.

So, for my own purposes, I zeroed out my count. You were the very first person to comment on it and I thank you for your interest. I'm well aware that you consider the count vital to your use of the forums so we disagree regarding it's usefulness. So what? The only thing I hope to accomplish is to show - to myself, if no one else - that a post count is basically meaningless.

i.e. You post some really excellent tech stuff and quite a few non-tech goodies. Do you think anyone on the boards for a week or so doesn't know the quality of your information once they see who posted it? Does your high post count make anything you post then increase in quality? Of course not. It's just a number and can be added to with dreck or with highly useful or entertaining material.

Same here. I accumulated my near-6000 posts by posting a lot of helpful information to many, many people over five years, plus. I also posted things like 'Welcome to Mustang Works' about 500 times, as well as 'Wecome back", 'Get a 3.73 rear' or 'Use 10-30 oil'. Junk posts? Not at all, but they build up a big number that says nothing about me except that I post a lot, which, as a moderator/administrator, is quite natural.

So, no, Chris; I'm not 'troubled' by post counts, I simply don't consider them vital and necessary to my enjoyment of the website, as you say you do. The counts for the other 20,200 members - yours included - are still there and of course my post count isn't really lost; I may change my mind and restore it eventually. Who knows...and who cares? Still, thanks for your concern.

Now, lets get back to the important stuff.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:10 PM   #17
PKRWUD

Good Jim, I'm glad to hear it.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
Old 08-14-2002, 01:37 AM   #18
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Question Who the heck is Jason Priestly?

Who is this guy? I saw his name surface on CNN a couple of times. I have no honest idea who the guy is.

Dan.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 01:46 AM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Lightbulb Prime Time Soaps

He was a big dog on Beverly Hills 90210....I think now its only on reruns....Hes a good looking kid, thats been racing for about 11 years...I didn't even know he raced till I heard about this!
Kinda cool I think the actors who get into racing...theres tons of them. And athletes as well. Tim the toolman, Dan Pastorini(one of my old faves! Go Oilers! , Lenno, Paul Newman got into it too. I know theres others, but my mind is drawing a blank...I'm sure I can think of more later...
can anyone else think of any others out in the 'limelite' that also race??? I know I"m missing a bunch of them??? TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2002, 03:46 PM   #20
7up
Registered Member

Tommy Hamonds Drag Races Funny Cars I believe. He used to play for the Nuggets and a few other teams. Not big time celeb, but kinda cool seeing a 6'8 basketball player drag racing. At one time he had the fastest street legal car. I sat next to his wife at Bandimere in the box seats, really hot.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote