MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
spdrcrxxx
Registered Member

Default AOD shifting probs, HELP!!

i have a 1993 ford mustang motor and tranny in a 1990 ford f150. i am having problem with WOT shifting being too early, 1-2 and 2-3 are both at 4000 no matter how i adjust the TV. right now i have it set too high (more pull at lower throttle input) and it does good around town and all. i should also mention that the engine is no longer fuel injected but has the proper TV cable brackets installed. TV is adjusted to the point where the tranny wont shift into OD until around 55, so i know it should be shifting at WOT later than 4000. it shifts at 4000 even if i put i slight amount of slack in the TV cable at idle. i have checked the throttle for full travel and TV lever on tranny for full travel in relation to the throttle input. at part throttle first thing in the morning i have seen it go as high as 4500 for the 1-2 shift but cant repeat that with full throttle. is it possible that a shift kit is causing this? i am not real sure if the tranny has a shift kit but i do know that it has recently been built by a reputable (in my experience) tranny shop. also i wasn't sure if the truck gear ratio of 3.06:1 as opposed to the mustang 3.55:1 (and also lighter) could have an effect on this.
spdrcrxxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: