MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
stang_guy_95
Registered Member

Default major shifting problems, help!!!

I don't even know where to start. My shifting is horrible. I have to wait like 2-3 seconds before shifting in the next gear and I really have to force it into gear for it to go, and the clutch doesn't let out very smooth (I probably have hot spots on the clutch). It was acting up a few weeks ago so I replaced the throwout bearing ( it was making noises) and got an adjustable clutch cable. Right after I did the swap it seemed to drive a little better but it's getting progressivly worse. Now the bearing makes an even worse noise than the last one and it's only 4 weeks old. I know that the clutch is fully engaged when I'm shifting cause it goes all the way to the end of the bellhousing when engaged. I noticed that my clutch cable goes from about a 20 degree angle from the bellhousing to the clutch fork. I'm thinking that's the problem, but I think that I have the proper bellhousing and clutch fork (I did a 3.8 to 5.0 swap). I called a few clutch shops and the number on my clutch fork matches the 95 GT forks and the bellhousing says that it's a 94 5.0. I plan on getting a new clutch and transmission and aftermarket shifter next week so I want everything to be done right so that I don't screw something up later down the road. Let me know what you guys think cause I'm not sure what to do here. I thought about getting a longer clutch fork. Sorry for such a long post but I had a lot to say. Please respond with suggestions or anything...I'm stumped. Thanks, Jason.
stang_guy_95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 09:23 PM   #2
drtbiker
Registered Member

well what type of transmission is in it right now????

later
mods: 3:73's, off road h-pipe, b303 cam in gt- 40 motor w/ Power Plus intake, edelbrock 70mm tb & egr spacer, 72mm C&L, bbk long tubes, tremec tranny, centerforce dual friction clutch, upr and lwr CA's 255lph FP and soon more to come.... when i have money again

SOME ADVICE
Don't do burn outs in reverse it is very expensive
New times with dead hook on dr's 13.27@103 with 2.0 60 foots w/100lb system

Fastest time to date: 12.8@113
drtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:43 AM   #3
stang_guy_95
Registered Member

It is the stock 3.8 transmission.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:28 AM   #4
jimberg
Registered Member

Try this. Go for a drive and find a relatively flat road. Push in your clutch pedal and hold it while you brake and come to a complete stop. Keep holding the clutch pedal to the floor and let off on the brake. See if you start rolling forward. If you do, it's likely that your clutch isn't fully disengaging which is causing the problem.
Old 06-02-2003, 02:02 PM   #5
stang_guy_95
Registered Member

I tried the test and it didn't roll, so I assume that it is fully disengaging.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: