MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-04-2001, 08:07 PM   #1
apowers1
Registered Member

Post Catalytic Converter

Hi i have a ford ranger 3.0 L V6 2000. I currently have a magnaflow dual exhaust system in it. I want to remove my catalytic converter but i have a oxygen sensor after the cat. Will taking out the cat make my check engine light turn on b/c of the o2 sensor after the cat? what damage can the removal of the cat cause to the o2 sensor? any other suggestions please say and also any other suggestions on how to make my truck louder too thank you please respond
apowers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2001, 03:15 PM   #2
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

The O2 sensor after the catalytic converter, if I remember right, is heat sensitive and will be damaged by the removal of the cat. Also your emissions system will go crazy and start throwing codes which will turn on the annoying check engine light and reduce engine performance. Your only alternative for better flow are high flow catalytic convertors if they make them for your truck. Also if you want it louder you could always go with glass packs or not muffler at all. Personally I wouldn't do it. The smaller motors, IMO, just don't sound good loud. Just really annoying. How loud are you wanting to go anyways? How is your dual exhaust set up? Branch into duals after the catalytic Y-pipe to have two mufflers and tailpipes or does it branch into dual tailpipes after the one muffler?

------------------
1994 Red SVT Lightning #2019

[This message has been edited by 96GTS (edited 06-24-2001).]
95GTS is offline   Reply With Quote