MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-20-2001, 09:27 PM   #1
mustang145
Registered Member

Question engine

hi all ????? has anyone ever herd of problems with jasper engines. i am putting a
jasper engine in this week in my 94 f150 4/4.
the warranty is vary good. 3 years 36,000.
miles. better then ford warranty. did cost a bit more. about 100.00 more.but thay do replace everything or reconduction.
mustang145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2001, 11:18 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I haven't really heard of anyproblems with them. All engines are different though. Hey at least u know ur covered for three years. Have fun with the truck.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2001, 04:11 PM   #3
84stangLX

One gimmick i've heard of engine rebuild places doing is having overheat sensors in the freeze plugs that void the warranty of an engine should it overheat and seize the engine or blow a head gasket. One problem with these (at least for the customer) is that they can pop at low temperatures (a plug type thing pops out at a certain temp, like a thermostat and then stays there). I've heard of these "overheat sensors" showing overheating when you first start the engine and get the coolant flowing when it starts warming up. I haven't heard any bad things about jasper and it's a well known company, so you're probably going to be ok, but be forewarned about these so called "warranties". I'll bet the engine you're recieving will have a little pop out sensor in one of your freeze plugs.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: