MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-21-2002, 08:44 PM   #1
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

Default Bought me a 28' Enclosed Trailer For the Stang!!!

Was out looking for enclosed trailers the other day and stopped by this place down the road from my work, and they had a sale on their trailers!!! So I stopped and looked at them, and 2 hours later left with a White Fully Loaded 28' Trailer. It's got a workbench, fully lighted, tie downs, checkered floors. It's VERY Nice. I put my stang in it tonight because i'm going to do some testing this weekend at a local track here. Let me say that the little small block ROCKS that trailer when it pops and cracks it's way in there!!. Haha, gotta love the sound of a built small block through dynomax bullets!!! Hopefully i'll have some good track numbers for you guys this weekend. I'm gonna spray it for the first time!! So i hope it does good. I'm also in the process of installing a in-car camera so i can take you guys on a few low 5/high4 second 1/8 mile passes!! Well that's enough typing for now. Just thought i would tell you guys about my new Trailer. Later.

Eric
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:00 PM   #2
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Congrats! Sounds very nice! Just curious if you don't mind me asking. How much does one of those things go for? If it's to personal I completly understand. Just curious cause I never shopped around and there is no real close track to me and my car being a '69 I wouldn't mind trailering it to the track or around to car shows that arn't close to home.

Thanks,
§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 09:08 PM   #3
Coupe Devil

Oh you lucky dog. I have to buy a trailer but theres no way i'll be gettin an enclosed. I would like to get exactly what you got but no dice those things are just to expensive. I'll just have to settle for and open car hauler I guess.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2002, 11:59 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
... How much does one of those things go for? If it's to personal I completly understand. Just curious ...
Don't they go for about $10,000-- the fully loaded, enclosed ones?

ANyway, you remind me RadicalGT about when I get my own house. I plan on a big 2-car garage with a lift (oh yeah baby), big air compressor and tools, and shelves to fully stock necessary hardware. Glad you got a good deal on that trailer though.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 12:51 AM   #5
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

congrats on the new trailer
i'll have to remain happy with my current 16' open hauler though till i can afford the good stuff.
just curious, but what does that trailer weigh? that was one of the other reasons i went with the open trailer was i did not want to have upgrade to a 3/4 ton truck for towing.
Old 02-22-2002, 07:49 AM   #6
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body

Don't they go for about $10,000-- the fully loaded, enclosed ones?
Maybe new they do. There's always used ones in the Sport Speed News that were only used for one season for around $5k-6k.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:32 AM   #7
andy669
Registered Member

Dont get discouraged Pony. Maybe you can get lucky like I did and find a good used one. I bought mine last fall from a good friend of mine. It has a 26' box and it measures about 29' overall. Manufactures classify their trailers differently depending on how they measure them. Mine is a 1991 Silver Star sold by Bruce Litton right across from IRP. The friend that I bought it from treats everything like its the only thing hes got! He takes excellent care of everything! It had new tires, battery, and wheel bearings. I bought it for $4000. That might be a little high, but I wasnt worried 'cause I knew how well taken care of it was. I didnt even shop for any others after he told me the price.

Fox Body A friend of mine paid around 10,000 for his, but that thing is huge! I cant remember exactly, but I think it is around 32'. Its the biggest Tag that you can buy. It is an awesome tralier!

Congrats RadicalGT I kinda know how you feel!

andy

http://members.mustangworks.com/andy669/trailer2.jpg

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2002, 10:53 AM   #8
Coupe Devil

Andy nice trailer but what in the CRAP have you got hooked to the front of it. That dont look like no Ford rear quater I ever seen. Sorry man just had to do it. I've been lookin for a good used enclosed trailer. All I can find locally is a 20' gooseneck (which is ok with me) But its just a single entrance rear ramp trailer with a man door on the passenger side. I need either what they call the "Escape" door on the drivers side so I can open the car door or I need a hauler with fenders shorter than 10". Do you know how hard that is to find. I am gonna have to have the trailer custom built so the fenders will be low enough so the door will open over them. I guess I could get a used enclosed without the door on the drivers side. If the car is in the trailer I could leave the window down and Bo and Luke Duke it. Would be kinda neat to climb in and out of the car like that and it would be easier to get over the door bars going through the window. Not sure what I will do know.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 06:06 AM   #9
PKRWUD

We need an enclosed trailer for the Sprint car, but it's not going to happen. The boss lives on top of his own little hill, and the driveway wouldn't permit it. Actually, I'm not sure how he gets the open trailer up and down that hill. Hmmm.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2002, 09:00 AM   #10
andy669
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pony_power_90
Andy nice trailer but what in the CRAP have you got hooked to the front of it. That dont look like no Ford rear quater I ever seen.

Thats not my truck, HONEST!! hehehe....... Not that mines any better though...... I have a 01 Z71. I have to get my convertible out of storage this weekend so I am going to take pictures of my truck and trailer together. This will be the first time pulling it with my new truck. I think the puny 4.8 is gonna have a tough time!

andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote