MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-31-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
Alex89GT
Registered Member

Question Twin Turbo set up help

Just for the people out there with a twin Turbo setup. I'm just wondering what all I need to upgrade for a 400-500hp set up.
Right now GT is stock, do I need to worry about rear end, tranny, or driveshaft breaking? What kind of engine parts do I need to use to hold 500hp and last? Keeping it EFI of course.
Alex89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 12:00 PM   #2
BilLster
Registered Member

well a twin for 500 is pretty mild. your clutch condition is it new or old fuel system needs to be upgraded better injectors better pump.

are you driving a auto or stick? if stick some type of boost control for normal driving . I have a old hks that is adjustable from 4-24 lbs of boost and it normally stay's at 8 for normal driving.

as long as your not running slicks and everything else is in good condition you wont have much problems but if somethings weak already you will break it.
Old 04-01-2003, 02:16 PM   #3
Alex89GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

I have a five speed, so I'll upgrade the necessary. As for only getting a 500hp GT, I know it is not much but it is enough. I got the twin turbo kit for dirt cheap (friend in jail in foreign country). I'll build an engine that lasts so doing all the research up front.
Getting new clutch, most likely centerforce dual friction
Running street slicks so I may have to worry about other drivetrain components.

One other question: Where does the MAF go in a twin setup or do I need 2 MAFs one for each turbo?
Alex89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:13 PM   #4
BilLster
Registered Member

for the maf it depends on the kit or set up (before or after the waste gate)(after solve's alot of problems ive seen systems that recurcualte the metered air and its kinda hokey)but you only need one,
I've seen dual but they never run right in my experience

i have mine (maf)almost in the stock location but it is a old c&l 73 not designed for blowthru but i might change it or go with a dfi system.

which "kit" is it . this will let us know what you have and what you need.

axles and think about a new diff and gear selection with the turbo max rpm and such.