MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-22-2002, 01:32 PM   #1
bigred90gt
2 Stangs in the Stable

Default Fuel Guage

I have a 93 f-150. The fuel guage does not work. Before I bought the truck, it belonged to a friend of mine, and he had it checked out by another friends dad at his shop. According to the friends dad, the guage is good. I think it may be the sending unit, but I'm unsure. Any ideas on what it could be and a possible remedy?

Also, I have no 1st or 2nd gear. When they went, it made no strange noises, or any vibrations or jarring. The only thing is that it grinded a little when I let off the clutch in second. I pushed the clutch back in and tried again, then, nothing. I had to drive home taking off in 3rd, really bad for the clutch. I am at a point where I need to do somethin now, my stang is getting sick and I have this feeling it ain't gonna be cheap. Any ideas on the tranny would be greatly appreciated. I am quickly running out of time, and have a very limited budget. How hard would it be to pull the tranny, take the case off, and look for damaged parts? Can all of the little and big parts inside be purchased individually through a dealership, or anyone for that matter?

Thanks in advance for any help.
bigred90gt is offline   Reply With Quote