MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-07-2002, 09:23 AM   #1
crewzin
Registered Member

Default WTF. Old stang owners can be pricks

NO KIDDING! And they wonder why the younger crowd does'nt get into the old stangs anymore. Trying to get information and the tricks to save each other time and money is damm near impossible. If I have info on any car stuff I will share it with ease. It just seems like the MCA crowd is divided into two groups. You have the cool ones that actually drive their cars and will talk cars and give you tips all day long but when you try to call they all have left the country or cant be found (damm). And then all the rest who hate driving their cars and frown on anyone who modifies a car. They want to talk about the cars they own but will walk away when you mention your cars or ask for help with info. You can identify them easily, they have a pristine 64 1/2 to 66 stang and nobody is talking to them. Also they show up to all the meetings and get hung up on all the details(point of order and I second that...etc.)

Just seems like these people are'nt in it for the fun anymore.
Sure makes it hell trying to get younger people into a group because of the stigma that goes with being in a MCA Mustang Club in our area. Now I know why they were so excited that we joined, we were probably the first people under 30 ever to join.

I have met some great people though, very friendly and always looking for a good time to be had. They are the ones that come and talk to you and want to drive the cars too. Has been known to light a tire up (gasp) leaving out.

Sorry for the whinning....just had to see if anybody else has these problems with a club or area. And also if anyone knows why its this way.

Later......
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:54 AM   #2
PKRWUD

Default Re: WTF. Old stang owners can be pricks

Quote:
Originally posted by crewzin
Sorry for the whinning....just had to see if anybody else has these problems with a club or area. And also if anyone knows why its this way.
Perhaps years of being shunned by other club members and/or collectors?

Could be a vicious cycle you've fallen into!

I dunno, some people are just pricks. There are a lot of great people out there, too, so maybe you need to look elsewhere.

Was there any specific info that you were looking for, or are you just talking about in general? If you have specific questions that I can't answer, I can see if any of my contacts can answer them for you. Let me know.

Good luck!!

Take care,
ÅChris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 12:28 PM   #3
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Welcome to being young man.... some people are into cars cause they love it, some are in it cause they got the money and need something to spend it on. I tried talking to a guy with a Hemi-Cuda 440-6 Pack, this is like my favorite car of all time. I was talking to my friends about the car like 20 minutes before I even seen it. We were just discusing favorite cars. I freaked out when I seen the car, I went to go tell the guy he had a nice, and he acted like a total dick and that I wasn't there. I just turned around and said to my friends he has a nice car to bad he's a fuckin' dick head. It made me so mad that people can be so ignorant. And they wonder how ricers developed. Hey kids have to start somewhere, and unless you get help from somewhere you can't really do much to a car unless you got lots of money. That's why alot of these ricers are around, they don't know to work on there car so they do stupid stuff that offers no performance, most of them are so uneducated. Like having a free air intake gives you 10hp. There stupid cause it doesn't do anything really. My buddy is a mechanic at a Honda Dealership and he see's all these ricers who come in. He says they just rip the cars apart. They put free air intakes and they put them in the stupidest places, like where there will be alot of hot air. Although I've strained from the topic abit, but it goes right back to trying to get learn when your young. When anyone asked me about my car I always spent time talking to them, I would talk to some people for like 20-30 minutes, and I even took a guy I didn't know for a ride once (obvioulsy I knew I could trust him). You or old we all have a love for cars. Although I can honestly say I've met some really really cool old people. We would talk every week at a local classic car meet and make fun of ricers. It was funny cause it was like two guys in there 60's and me and we'd just cut them up for hours.

All in All, don't let it get you man. Don't let them get the best of you. Don't give up on your stang cause of them. Just remember, you always got us.

§am.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:29 PM   #4
The Deuce
Registered Member

Weclome my friend to the great divide. There are two types of people who own vintage mustangs. Collectors, and hot rodders . The collectors only know where to find the original paint that was used to make the proper markings on a k-code rear end, while the hot rodders can tell you how to properly set your timing by ear.

At the next meeting or meet, look for someone who doesn't have polyglas tires on his ride, but has a little dirt under the fingernails. These are the people who will help you. Or just hang out at the Sonic, or wherever people bring their hot rods. Look for Galaxies and Fairlanes. Those guys don't have the bs or the pristine crap a lot of Mustang owners fall into. Chances are they have some friends that run Mustangs too.

Good luck.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:43 PM   #5
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Pricks VS Youth

Its not just me that Im talking about. I have been working hard to get more local stang owners to join and some have come over and then been disappointed to the point they dont want to be a part of it because of the attitudes of some of these older guys. Im just trying to bring more people in so when we do have an event we will have more people to have a good time with (being around car people). They tell me that they have been looked down apon for having modded cars and newer stangs etc. Now don't think that all have been young either, some are in their 40s and they dont want to be around people that takes away from the experiences they are looking forward to. I just hate that so many fun people with nice cars are out of the loop because of a grouch, me included. My first car was a 70 Mach 1(15yrs ago) so its not like I have'nt been into Stangs and Im looking for a support group. I eat, sleep and drink cars and bikes. The bike guys are cool as hell. Why cant car people be the same? Who knows! I guess its just been building up for a while and I had to vent.
As far as giving up cars......NO WAY.....Maybe Ill just start working on getting a club together that requires you to actually drive your car and be willing to have a good time. That should weed out the haters....

And yes for all the things that ricers are or are'nt , atleast they are trying. Too bad most of them have no taste.
Later.....
Old 11-08-2002, 12:49 AM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

man cruisin, take it easy on us old bast--- lol, im into my stang, because i like beating you young punk's on the street lol, just a j/k.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 03:08 PM   #7
lysacat
Registered Member

Crewzin
You guys need to just start your own mustang club and have get-togethers. You can still attend the MCA events, just go as your own group, with people that have the same type interests (to drive, mod, and LOVE their stangs). Who needs a bunch of snobs.
C-ya, Melisa
Old 11-08-2002, 04:13 PM   #8
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Gonna start clubbin

Ya, thats probly what we're gonna do. These people just give mustang owners a bad rep. Im sure that some people have wanted to get with us but heard about how some of these people are and just did'nt bother. Its funny, this is how Vette owners usually act. Oh well, its time to move on and put something better together. Melisa your right on the money!
Later....
Old 11-08-2002, 04:29 PM   #9
69fastback
IRAQ VET

At first i didn't want to hang out in clubs or anything cuz I fiqured i was going to get alot of crap for my car. It never turned out that way. People usally enjoy the car and i have never really ran into the older guys with bad attitudes, But then again i never hang out in mustang only clubs. I only stick to the classic car clubs eventhough I am always one of the few fords there. I don't find any attitudes at all from anybody in those types of clubs. I am always one of the youngest guys with one of the only fords. They always seem to appricate the car and most of them even know what a cobra jet is wich is cool. I would just start a club for anytype of classic cars I find it to be alot more enjoyable and you don't catch any crap at all for moddifiing your car.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 07:11 PM   #10
lysacat
Registered Member

Quote:
Its funny, this is how Vette owners usually act
You know what's funny about this?? My husband and I own a vette too ('92). We haven't tried to join any clubs though, so I don't know if that's the case around here or not. Anyways. Hope things work out with a club of your own. I haven't found a mustang club around here yet but I'm looking.

C-ya, Melisa
Old 11-09-2002, 10:29 AM   #11
scott93gt
Registered Member

It is the same around here. The division is definately visible. What these people don't understand is that the 87-93 Mustangs and all the aftermarket parts are what saved the Mustang in the first place. Anyone remember the Probe, Ford's "replacement" for the Mustang? If it wasn't for the younger crowd being drawn to these late model Mustangs we would have already gone the way of the Camero/Firebird.
5 speed, Hurst Competition Plus, 3 chamber Flows, 3.08's.

2010 VW GTI 2dr 6MT
(no pictures yet)

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
scott93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 03:09 PM   #12
LayanRubr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scott93gt
It is the same around here. The division is definately visible. What these people don't understand is that the 87-93 Mustangs and all the aftermarket parts are what saved the Mustang in the first place. Anyone remember the Probe, Ford's "replacement" for the Mustang? If it wasn't for the younger crowd being drawn to these late model Mustangs we would have already gone the way of the Camero/Firebird.
Right on man Youth has always had a place in keeping old stuff alive. But so do the elders, ect. My second car at age 18 is a 5.0, still 15 or so years old but hot damn they haul!
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote