Thread: Whats Up????
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 04:03 PM   #5
PKRWUD

Quote:
Originally posted by bigred90gt
Won any races lately?
LOL. No. Last night we finished 24th in a field of 24. We were running great, in 2nd, when we came up on lapped traffic, and a rookie pinched us into the wall, etc., etc., etc. We've had the fastest car all season, but our luck completely sucks. With one race left in the season, the best we can hope for is to hold on to 2nd in the points.

As far as my clutch goes, I replaced it a week or two ago (new disk/plate/pilot & throw-out bearings, & had the flywheel surfaced). The trouble started when I tried to bleed the hydraulic linkage. I've done dozens of clutch jobs before, and at least 70% were with hydraulic linkage, and they were a breeze. I never have, however, done a clutch with Ford's internal slave cylinder (some late model F-series and Ranger trucks). They simply do not want to be bled. I tried everything, and finally got it with some help from SRV1. I had to make my own reverse pressure bleeder, and bleed the hydraulics from the tranny back up to the master.

Anyway, a gallon of brake fluid later, it's great, with one exception: After driving it 3 times, all three times it started to smell like clutch after 10-15 minutes. Being a hydraulic system, there are no adjustments, so either the clutch is "breaking-in", or the slave isn't retracting all the way. Further inspection is necessary, but I'm not even in the mood right now.

I have NEVER had a clutch that was anywhere near this much of a pain. The worst part is, it's my own vehicle, which means I'm not getting paid a damn thing.

Sorry you asked yet?

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote