Thread: Post Counting?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2002, 11:25 AM   #8
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Heck...like you, Mike, I've been here as long or longer than probably 90% of the people who are now active on the board. I remember the old days of the good ol' branching tree-diagram boards and some of the classic arguments and flame wars that went on.

I remember Mr 5 0 and of course Dan from those days and a few others who are still active that I can't call to mind just now. I know there are some others who were active at that time and then changed their accounts later on, losing thier original sign-up date and post counts.

I've never kept track of my post numbers, but I know that I don't have as high a post rate as many of the other members. That's fine. I live a busy life, and I don't have much time to be on the boards, so I don't really post all that much. Also, depending on my mood, I usually only post when it's something that peaks my interest or when I feel that I can contribute something worthwhile to the discussion...and of course, if I need some advice.

That being said, I don't mind those who count posts. It's kinda fun to watch, and it's all good fun and competition. As long as it doesn't needlessly clutter the boards.

I've keep a pretty low profile, and because of that, not many of the members know me that well. I guess that's my loss. Maybe in the future, as life settles down a bit, I'll try and get more active. Until then, I remain a shadow which only briefly exists in the light before fading back into the depths .

--nathan
a.k.a. "la sombra blanca" (the white shadow)
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote