Thread: post count poll
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2002, 12:53 AM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Hmmm... Let's see. It's been expressly stated the topic is to be dropped, numerous times. It's been stated why the policy has gone into effect, numerous times. I know you think it's cute to turd all over the owner/operator of this site, but how about you grow up? Sometimes policies which are unpopular at first turn out to be a good idea. The Mustang community was very skeptical of the modular engines when they first came out. The DOHC 4.6L blew the 5.0HO out of the water in performance, and it has proven to be much more coveted now than the venerable SN95 5.0L Cobra's. The 1999 Mustang was absolutely thrahsed by Mustang enthusiasts as UGLY when it hit the scene. It's now considered one of the best looking. Maybe this is a topic to be addressed in 3 months when there is an actual track record of feelings behind the change.

Post whoring on this site has become obscene. Wading through 20 posts about nothing but crap or a member saying "lol" as an entire reply is annoying, and it degrades this site. There is no reason to have such posts other than a direct competition. It wastes bandwidth, it wastes resources, and makes otherwise great threads a tedious waste of time.

I liked the post count. I was proud of mine. One of the reasons I left was the lack of respect for them, and post whoring that was quickly whiddling away my accomplishments. Almost all my posts had some sort of insight, and meaningful information. As a long standing MW member, I had probably the highest post count over a tenure of multiple years of anybody here, and that was cool. It meant I was helping people and learning. Now, with some members posting 10, 15, 20, even 25 times in a single day, it's just become a joke. Post counts are worthless so they can be eliminated in my opinion.

Every time I come back to this site to check up on how things are looking it seems to get worse. My hiatus has been months, and for the most part, my posts few and far between. There have been a couple posts about missing senior members here. Perhaps they feel the same way. That Mustangworks is nothing more than any other Mustang site at this point? I know I feel pretty much that way. For as many 1000s of hours I've spent here, that's a pretty harsh thing to say, and I don't think it should be taken lightly. I don't know if the old Mustangworks can be brought back. Guess I'll just have to keep swingin by and taking a look.

Here's some advice. Take a hint, and show some respect. Dan made it pretty clear this was a dead topic at this time for sure, anyway.