MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   bring back post count (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=28827)

7up 09-12-2002 11:25 PM

bring back post count

I think the post count should be llisted by everyones name again. It may cause post whoring, but I also think it is fun and can be helpful. I really didn't think there was a problem with it before. I don't understand why it was taken away. I personally think the site is less entertaining and fun to be on without the post count.

Eric4Nitrous 09-12-2002 11:35 PM

How can it be helpful?? Because maybe people think that because some guy has 20,000+ posts he's smarter than somebody who's prolly only got 20 or so..?? Posts don't equal knowledge. And that comment is not leaned or geared toward ANYONE on this site..so i don't wanna hear a bunch of crap.

7up 09-12-2002 11:38 PM

By helpful I didn't mean having more posts makes you smarter or know more things. I t also helps me remember who some people are since many people have similar names and post counts can help distinguish them.

srv1 09-12-2002 11:40 PM

post count or no post count, the world keeps spinning.....let it go!

Eric4Nitrous 09-12-2002 11:41 PM

Then if it's used for that purpose it's fine. I just hate that people won't listen to your advice because your a newbie or something. I've seen it on alot of other websites.

6T9PONY 09-12-2002 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by srv1
post count or no post count, the world keeps spinning.....let it go!
AMEN!

7up 09-12-2002 11:49 PM

Geez, it's not a big deal I just thought it would be fun to have. If no one else wants it that's fine.

I see your point Eric and I have seen it happen too. By the way, glad to see youare staying around.

Eric4Nitrous 09-12-2002 11:54 PM

Thanks..it's good to be back :)

joe4speed 09-13-2002 12:03 AM

hehehe I'm staying WAY away from this!
Everyone knows how I feel! :)

The Deuce 09-13-2002 12:17 AM

I'm with Joe on this one. Man that was weird to say.

By the way, since when are the post counts gone??

:D

7up 09-13-2002 12:30 AM

HOw come you guys have post counts, but most do not?

jj_jonathon 09-13-2002 12:35 AM

cuz they know where theyre from i guess....

this has started up again tho, *doesn't wanna touch the topic with a 10ft poll*...*sigh*

Crazy Horse GT 09-13-2002 12:44 AM

dont know my count, dont care, let it go.:rolleyes: :D :D , stop the bickering.

jj_jonathon 09-13-2002 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
dont know my count, dont care, let it go.:rolleyes: :D :D , stop the bickering.
3468 is your last count.....hehe...had to say that :D...if you reply to my dumba$$ remark, itll be 3469! :D

nite...

6T9PONY 09-13-2002 01:15 AM

I think Dan's having a little fun with this.....:D :D :D

joe4speed 09-13-2002 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jj_jonathon
jj_jonathon
Participant

Hehehehehe I got you beat! ;) :P

PKRWUD 09-13-2002 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
How can it be helpful?? Because maybe people think that because some guy has 20,000+ posts he's smarter than somebody who's prolly only got 20 or so..?? Posts don't equal knowledge. And that comment is not leaned or geared toward ANYONE on this site..so i don't wanna hear a bunch of crap.
I found it helpful for the same reasons 7up did, but it no longer matters. It's Dan's site, and if he doesn't want them shown, then that's the way it is. I've been too busy working on our message board to really care anyway.

Take care,
~Chris

Mustangbelle306 09-13-2002 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
so i don't wanna hear a bunch of crap.
Well, you DID join this message forum, which means that ESPECIALLY as a moderator, you HAVE to listen to people's crap. I understand that you may not agree with what many people say on this site (I don't) but don't tell them NOT to say it...its their right...unless you feel like giving yours up? :rolleyes:

I also think people are upset because even though MOST of us weren't post whoring, WE have to "do the time" as well. Other message boards find it humorous that we had to "control" this problem...they say it seemed that we barely had one ("you don't KNOW what a post count problem is!!!), and I have to agree!

I can think of ONE post wh0re I yell about that cluttered up the board with stupid posts that didn't even have humor value and we all complained bitterly about it...you know who you are ;) ...but I didn't have ANY problem with any other member...therefore I for one was shocked when the post count left. :rolleyes: Personally I dont believe in punishing the majority for the minority, but cest la vie right?

jj_jonathon 09-13-2002 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by joe4speed
Hehehehehe I got you beat! ;) :P
wow.....i.....am.....im...pressed......no.....real ly..... :D

Rev 09-13-2002 03:37 PM

Vote count

Just look at the vote count to see how most members feel. 86% vs. 14% should tell us something as to how the majority feels.

Rev