MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-13-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
TechnoVixen
Registered Member

Post Seatbelt recall 99 mustangs

Well i just found this thing, go figure, i was wondering why my seatbelt was messed up... I was never notified by ford like people are supposed to be.....
anyway i found this, planning on getting my drivers seatbelt fixed because for a while i would have to pull and pull on it to get it to come out, and now it doesn't retract back in and i always slam it in my door so here ya go, i thought i would let people know:
Year: 1999
Make: FORD
Model: MUSTANG
Manufactured From: JUL 1999 To: AUG 1999
Year of Recall: '99
Type of Report: Vehicle
Summary:

Vehicle Description: Passenger vehicles. The seat belt retractor may have a pin shaft in the switchable ELR/ALR mechanism that is incorrectly formed. In some circumstances, the switching mechanism could become nonfunctional, preventing the seat belt webbing from being extracted from the retractor. It is also possible that malfunction of the mechanism could prevent the belt from being switched into the ALR mode. The ELR mechanism is not affected by this condition.

If the mechanism malfunctions and does not allow the webbing to be extracted, the lap and shoulder belt could not be worn by a vehicle occupant. In the event that the mechanism does not allow the ALR mode to be engaged, the operator may be unable to properly install a child seat in that seating position.

Dealers will inspect the lap and shoulder belt assemblies. Assemblies with julian date codes of 200 through 223 are suspect and will be replaced. Owner notification began October 11, 1999. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Ford at 1-800-392-3673. Also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Auto Safety Hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

------------------
*-Emilee-*
TechnoVixen is offline   Reply With Quote