MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
1Red99Pony2NV
Registered Member

Default Secondary Air Control??

Ok, here's my dilemma, as I know nothing about what the heck this is. I have a 99 LX with the 3.8L V6, that up until about a month ago, ran like a champ. I've noticed lately that it has been hard to start in the morning, there is a slight engine knock coming from the left side, an RPM drop to about 500 at a stop light, and a very noticable drop in power when decelerating. (I had it on the highway the other night at 80MPH, then took my foot off the gas and the speed dropped like a rock to about 60MPH before I had to give it more gas to avoid being run over by a fast approaching tractor-trailer.) Then, last night, the Service Engine Soon light came on, so I babied it home and parked it in my driveway. Since I work 50 miles away from my house and at night, I decided to bring the car in today so I can get it looked at; but since it's Memorial Day, the only service station open was this local sheister Goodyear place. I went in, explained the problems, and he said he would take a look at it. He called me 3 hours later and told me that he scanned the computer and found that the SES light was caused by the Secondary Air Control being "incorrect." He then called me another 2 hours later and explained that he cleared the trouble code, road tested it, and could not replicate the problem. To make a long story short, he charged me $90 for a diagnostic fee, did not fix the problem, and my pony still runs like crap. Does anyone know what the Secondary Air Control is and how to go about fixing it so that I can actually have some power when I'm on the highway? Also, would this be related to the Idle Air Control?
1Red99Pony2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #2
davids
Registered Member

Default Re: Secondary Air Control??

If you still have this problem e-mail me at davidshawn3@hotmail.com
davids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: