View Single Post
Old 05-02-2002, 12:34 PM   #11
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Yep. You can drill the hole no problems.

The drill location is just alongside of where the shift linkage travels in the valve works. The area is off to the side of the bulk of the transmission and the drilling location actually goes up through a flat, plateau-like area of the case. It's easy enough to get you hand up there to feed the wire through.

I ran the OD delete wire through a factory gromet in the transmission tunnel where the shift-linkage leaves the cockpit. The I routed it straight to the hole. Only took about three to four feet of wire.

For the delete switch, I got a twelve volt switchable off the stereo connectors and simply grounded to a shifter hold-down bolt (the actual VB delete solenoid's ground wire comes already grounded to the VB itself). The fuse is pre-switch in line under the shifter cover-plate. I used a simple black rocker switch with a small red light which comes on when the circuit is powered. When the light is on...no OD.

Just a little extra info there. Take care.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote