Thread: '94 Ford Bronco
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2002, 08:24 PM   #3
Simi Stang

Default '94 Ford Bronco

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe Devil
Clamp the lines on both sides of the fuel filter with vise grips.. just clamp them tight enough to close the hose. ( WHICH ISNT MUCH ) and teh ntake the filter out..I know its not real technical but its works and unless you just really try your best to screw up the lines it will work fine and wont hurt a thing. Ive been doing it this way for years. Assuming there is a short piece of rubber hose on eash side of the filter. ( There should Be )

Bradley
I'm not sure if that would work? I can't get the filter out because the system needs to be depressurized. Pinching the lines wouldn't depressurize it, would it? Plus, I don't remember seeing any rubber lines near the fuel filter. I believe the lines going to the filter are somewhat of a hard line, almost like a braided steal line, but I can't imagine Ford having braided fuel lines on stock Broncos?? The connectors at the fuel filter are similar to most late model Ford fuel rail connectors, just a little smaller. They require a special tool, which I have, & know how to use. There is just too much pressure in the system to get those connectors to budge. Any other thoughts? Anyone?