View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #12
HISSIN50
Registered Member

the easiest way to do a FP gauge is to use a diagnostic gauge. they are good to have on hand, and cost 30-40 bucks. they just screw into the schrader valve on the fuel rail.

if you run a dedicated, permanent gauge, you really should use AN fittings and braided line - for something you probably dont really need (you will have the diagnostic gauge for when problems arise, plus you can use the diagnostic gauge on other cars you have).

for a diagnostic gauge, hit the local parts store. i think i got mine from Autozone for about 30 bucks. the packaging should say if it fits most fords, and so on.

for a permanent gauge, check out Jegs.com.
they sell a gauge for 20 bucks. but you need to figure out what size adapter to get, and some AN fittings and braided line. will probably cost more than the diagnostic gauge.

this is the route i would go at this point (if you have an electrical problem in the fuel system, the pressure check should help to find it, and show that there is indeed a lack of pressure. then you can diagnose the electrical in the fuel system from there).
but if anyone has better ideas, or disagrees, please speak up. that said, the diagnostic gauge is the route i would go. you should not need anything that does not come with it.

good luck.
HISSIN50 is offline   Reply With Quote