View Single Post
Old 02-27-2002, 09:21 AM   #3
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I say we quit intervening over there...just let them all kill themselves in civil wars/boarder wars/ethnic wars and then we'll go in and setup a more modern type government system that promotes equality, justice and a better way of life.

These freaking people crack me up. Their religion /culture/beliefs have been around for THOUSANDS of years over there in the "Dust Bowl" and all they can come up with is what? Oil. That's it. You got a bunch of starving, improverished, part nomadic, harsh, and sometime downright barbaric lifestyle (except for the wealthy top 0.00001%). In India they still have a caste system (even though the government "claims" that it is illegal.) They still poop in outdoor stalls where a person from the lowest caste has to clean it up with a board! Gives new meaning to 'poop' on a shingle!

Now, America has been around for about 225 years or so, and what have we accomplished? ALOT! The quality of life here is great, the average age of death has increased every year since records have been maintained. Food is plentiful. We share the longest friendly boarder in the world (Canada). And you know, for all the bitching these people do, where else in the world can Muslims, Jews, Christians, Afro-Americans, Asian Americans, Native American's, etc. live as neighbors without killing each other?

What's even more hypocritical is how they curse us one day and idolize us the next. Or, complain about our great country and then compete for their lives to be accepted into American or European Universities. Complete crap.

I'm all for oil exploration in the great Northwest and Russia too. I cringe knowing how dependent we are on Saudi area oil.

God Bless America.

I'm out.
E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote