MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-01-2002, 11:32 AM   #1
drudis

Default Vacuum line. What for... (photo enclosed)

Here are 2 photos of vacuum lines.
1. The first one goes from intake to a "blocK" of 5 connectors (near #4 cylinder), leaving thru the RED vacuum line (to what?). And do I need it on an S-trim without emissions...?

#2. What goes to this firewall vacuum log? (I lost track when removing/installing intake...)
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 11:57 AM   #2
DRASTiK
Registered Member

well on my stang, and a few others I've seen, the B/R is just plugged off with no vacuum line on it at all. As far as the red one, I'll look next time I go out to my car, if no one has answered it before then.

RHC member #75

My stang is FOR SALE!!
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 12:15 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

On mine B/R is also plugged off.

Wich vacuum line goes to the fuel pressure regulator....I dont know if I got the right line back on it or not.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 12:22 PM   #4
Mach 1
Registered Member

The first one (red one) goes to your control soleniods mounted aft of the passenger side strut tower brace. Off the top of my head and not looking it up, I believe these soleniods control vacuum to the EGR valve and the smog pump control valve.

The smog pump (air pump) control valve directs air pump air to eithier the heads or the cats.

Just leave it connected to minimise check engine lights, even if you dont have the smog pump installed, or the EGR valve.

I have my EGR valve blocked off internally at the manifold, but the vacuum line is still connected and i leave the red line that you mentioned hooked up as well. The other lines coming from that cluster (which it looks like you have already removed anyway) go to the smog pump. You should block off the open holes in the cluster with RTV to prevent vacuum leaks.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 12:29 PM   #5
drudis

EXCELLENT, thanks.
I thought I once was told that I didnt need the red line, but wouldnt hurt to hook up that line anyways...
And the vacuum log, will be blocked off thanks.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 12:49 PM   #6
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

I eliminated that vaccum junction and every imaginable piece of smog equip. some time ago. The only vaccum line I have run is from the intake to the f.p. regulator. No tree, no power brakes, removed the heater core and fan assembly from under the dash and all their vaccum lines...

About the check engine light, never had one until I disconnected the wiring harness from the EGR valve (experimenting to see what all I could eliminate before the dreaded light came on). I replaced it and still run the EGR spacer for that reason even though I actually do not have a functioning EGR system (it's an off road car, I swear ). Simplicity... I hated all of that clutter in the engine compartment (afterall that's were I spend most of my time it seems).

Just some food for thought...

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:00 PM   #7
stock89
Registered Member

I am SOOOO glad I read this post. Just on Sunday I was changing my valve cover gaskets and noticed that 5 wire plug and one plastic line had snapped. It is a tan colored one that was short and reached immediately 5 inches forward and connected to a circular metal device. I have NO idea what any of those lines are for, so I rigged them together with electrical tape- Is there cause for concern? What is the circular metal thing? Thanks- you guys rock.
stock89 is offline   Reply With Quote