MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Appearance & Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-24-2002, 06:27 PM   #1
clemsonguy2000
Registered Member

Post Car Wax

On the topic of the Best Car wax ever, this was reccomended to my by the guy who sold me my car and it is Zymol. It is a carnuba wax and can be found at Napa Auto Parts Stores and Advanced Auto Stores, I can speak for personally. I drive a 99 Chrome Yellow Anniversary Edition, and it looks like it rolled off the showroom floor. This wax is WELL worth the money.
clemsonguy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 09:25 AM   #2
BlueOvalBolt
Registered Member

Just to tie the two threads together, here is a comparison done by a die-hard Zymol guy that I found interesting:

http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

www.wisvtoa.com
BlueOvalBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:01 PM   #3
Harry
Registered Member

BlueOvalBolt thanks for the link, I found it pretty informative. One question for anyone that uses Zaino on a regular basis though, how how is it really to apply and how long does it take to do your entire car? I just bought a new F-150, and being black, I know it's gonna show a lot of dirt. I'd love to go the Zaino route, but I don't have an entire day to devote to waxing it. Looking at the Zaino site, it looks like there are a lot of steps involved in doing a good job.
Old 03-26-2002, 10:08 AM   #4
BlueOvalBolt
Registered Member

No problem Harry. I use Zaino on both my vehicles and, as a former Mequiar's fanatic, I can say that all the good things you read and hear about its shine and durability is true.

Once you get the vehicle clean (strip with Dawn dishwashing soap and use the clay bar preferably), just like you would before starting the process with any other product really, applying and removing Zaino is extremely easy and fast, especially with the new zfx additive which eliminates the curing time and the need for the initial Z-1 step. I think you will be surprised how easy it goes on and comes off.

The first time is the longest when you include prep time. Usually I will wash, clay, and do 2 coats of Zaino for the first round (maybe 6 hours) and add more coats at another time. Each of the additional coats will probably only take 45 minutes to an hour apply and remove Zaino on your truck. Multiple coats is the key here to getting that deep wet shine. Also, use the Z-6 gloss enhancer each time before applying the Z-2 or Z-5. It does make a diffference as does using the 100% made in the USA terry towels.

Hope it helps.

www.wisvtoa.com
BlueOvalBolt is offline   Reply With Quote