MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-05-2002, 12:27 AM   #1
firemanmill
Registered Member

Default Lightning H-pipe

Does anyone have info on a H-pipe for my 01 lightning. I need to get that true ford sound and rid of those cats.
Old 04-07-2002, 04:00 PM   #2
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Question any other mods?

what do you think of your lightning? have you done any mods or do you plan on doing any mods to the lightning? i was looking into getting one, but i dont like the fact that it comes blown... doesnt that just put some kind of limit on how fast you can make it go?
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 10:02 PM   #3
firemanmill
Registered Member

Well I had a 96" GT before and this truck would run circles around it. Overall its a bad *** truck, although the mods seem to be more costly and tougher to find. But as far limmiting the performance with a supercharger, I think 11 seconds is pretty damn fast for a modded street truck. I am happy, I just need to find someone willing to give me some competition on the street.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:21 AM   #4
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

vtec8ter: Why do you think the blower limits the performance of those trucks? Considering they'll do a little over 140 mph off the show room floor I'd say that's pretty dang fast. Run mid 13s off the show room floor in the 1/4 mile.

firemanmill: Look into Bassani's set up for your truck. What mods do you have done to your truck? What are you running in the quarter? The best thing you should do is go to the National Lightning Owner's Club website and check out the GEN 2 forum. They can help you greatly in there with your questions. Are YOU running 11s with your truck?? Not very many GEN 2s out there are doing that. Only 10 that I actually know of off hand. Check out this link to the GEN 2 list of 1/4 mile times on the site. 10 guys are running in the 11s. Most are in the 12s. And quite a few in the 13s. The link to the NLOC is in my sig.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: