MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-04-2002, 01:39 PM   #1
Coupe Devil

Default 5.4 performance in a truck

Hey guys, I post mainly in the Windsor Fourm and Blue Oval. I have a buddy that has a 1997 F-150 Off-road. It has the 5.4 and auto. It has a 6 inch suspension lift and 3 inch body lift. It is all stok other than that and thw wheels and tires. It is also settin on 38x 14.50 swampers. He wants to add more power obviosly. I told him, chip, headers, pulleys. He asked me about an intake spacer also. Since I dont deal with new 5.4's I dont knopw if its worth the money. He also will be adding a super charger in the next year. He has a "True- Speed" box to correct the tranny shift points form the lift and a K&N also. What do you guys suggest we do for more power until he can get the super charger. He isnt concerned about mileage (i.e. the 38 swampers) but has about $800 to spend right away.

Thanks
Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 10:50 PM   #2
95GTS
Git jiggy

Thumbs up

Well you might try and post over on the NLOC site in the GEN 2 forum. His best bet would be to put on a blower. You might watch ebay, the web, and even the NLOC for a GEN 2 Lightning supercharger for sale. One of those would work great on his truck. If he wants performance now you've got the right idea already. Exhaust, underdrive pullies, and a custom chip. There are some very good chip tuners over at the Lightning site that could probably hook him right up with an awesome chip. Nitrous would be about the only other alternative. Also an electric fan to replace the stock pulley fan would help free up some extra hp, too. Since he's dealing with a 5.4 I'd go over to the GEN 2 forum of the Lightning club. Link is in my sig. Have fun .