MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
AliGUY
Registered Member

Question Bigger Tires & vibrating wheels

I put 20 inch rims on my expidition and after driving it for a while the front wheel starts to shake when i hit the brakes, like the rotor gets warped. Ive cut the rotors and its happening again, im thinking that i need to upgrade to bigger size rotors or get the crossdrilled ones to get over this problem....

Ne Comments??
Old 03-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #2
95GTS
Git jiggy

Cool

I'd take it back to the tire shop and make sure they are balanced correctly. Next you might try a front end alignment. Also did you put on new pads when you had the rotors turned? If not that could be your problem. A bad rotor will screw up the pads, too.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
AliGUY
Registered Member

The day that the rotors went bad was after i drove the car for most of the day and did some real heavy braking, i only cut the rotor... cuz right now i got the extra money to upgrade the from rotors to bigger ones, and i just dont wanna end up doing this twice.. thas why i wanna make sure.. but right now just replacing the pads and rotors sounds allot more tempting than spending the money for the upgrade... thanx

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: