MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-25-2002, 11:50 PM   #1
cocolynne
Registered Member

Question 1976 Mustang Coupe

can you please tell me what the going price would be on a 1976 Mustang Coupe; orange/red in color; original everything with no overhauls, except ignition (we had to opt for the electrical). Original AM radio still intact and the biggie is that it only has 57,000 miles on it. It's so clean, even the seats are beautiful, when I clean and armorall them..lol Thanks! [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=orangered]
Old 03-26-2002, 02:32 PM   #2
thunderbolt
Registered Member

Not much, these cars are not real popular yet, but I have seen more interst lately. I wish I could give you a price but I really can't. One in that pristine condition is of course rare and so the question is why are you buying and what are you buying it for. If it is a "classic investment" I wouldn't do it. Note, I said I. If you like these cars that ups the ante quite a bit. If you want one you can drive a bit and retain its originallity, then it is really good.
Mustang II guys have a hard time getting respect from the 64-73 crowd (or the 64-70 crowd sometimes). They will always lag behind the originals in terms of popularity and price, but they do seem to be comming into their own lately as lexicons of the 70's and the energy crisis.
If you didn't want the editorial, I oppologize.
thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 06:06 PM   #3
CobraII76
Registered Member

I'll proclaim myself the board Mustang II expert. Only because I have several and have been into them for years. A rough car goes in the neighborhood of 100-300 dollars. Now you left out some very important info on it like driveline a 4 or 6 cly coupe in the shape you describe 1200-2000 of course a V8 will bring more as will a stick over auto. There have been some Major Mustang II sales in the last few years CobraII's in the 12,000 neighborhood a King Cobra for 17K a Private transaction of a 78 King with 85 Miles sold 45k. the average price for a more desirable CobraII is right around 5000 kings can upwards of 10,000. I would say your car is in the 1800-2500 range. As for popularity of the Mustang II. They are getting there all the street rod guys gave us some support on the suspension end and companies are starting to make things for the II again. The II platform is a great entry level Mustang you can get them fairly cheap put a few dollars into them and have a lot of fun. The 64-73 cars are getting pretty high in price for what you get. the 79-93 are cheap and everywhere and it's a blast to lose your car in a see of lookalikes at a show. and the 94- present cars are getting the same way. So there is your price and my commentary. I say Clean it drive it show have fun with it. And when the early and late guys tell you it's not a Mustang just tell them they are Jelous they don't have the balls to build and drive a Mustang TOO.