MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Built Ford Tough
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
the last 5.0
Registered Member

Default HELP Shift Issue 1995 mustang GT 5.0, AODE, Shifting

Hello, I need help, my 1995 mustang seems to not be shifting properly, I push on the pedal it is a slow go in first, then it lunges into second, and slips early into third,

If I hold the gas pedal half way it accelerates and shifts fine, but then I am going to fast and need to slow down,

took it to the tranny shop and all electrical is fine, they say rebuild the tranny, of course they want 2200, to do it, I can do it myself, but I dont want to rebuild it, if it is just a cable that need adjustment,

What I think it might be, Accelerator cable may be to loose, so that is why so much pedal carry, maybe throwing off the computer,

when I changed the tranny fluid a lot of metal flakes on the magnet, perhaps forward clutches

it idles fine,

oh this is interesting, when I am at a crawl, in drive or reverse, there is a type of lunge, more like if you ever felt a CV joint going out, kind of a crackling, and a slight studder when rolling,

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated, I would love to know how to adjust the accelerator cable, it seems like it has a lot of slack,

I have no codes, no check engine light, everything else runs great except for the shift, which is major,

well thank you for the help,

Last edited by the last 5.0; 03-06-2008 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: misspelling
the last 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #2
chris_elcanosoto
cano's mustang

Default Re: HELP Shift Issue 1995 mustang GT 5.0, AODE, Shifting

Hey bro sounds like your 5.0 is doing the same thing mine is doing to be honest I do think the transmission needs to be rebuild that why if I dont find a standard transmission to put into mine soon am gonna sell am a mechanic but hate dealing with automatic transmissions is just to complicated. Good luck with yours by the way.
chris_elcanosoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #3
the last 5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: HELP Shift Issue 1995 mustang GT 5.0, AODE, Shifting

I hear ya man, I am thinking it is the tranny, but the pedal feels spongy, and at certain times it runs really well, I think I might change over to manual, with the right shifter (short throw) it can be just as fun, well good luck, see you at the tree
the last 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: